When it comes to putting fruit on pizza, there are actually quite a few options to consider. While pineapple is the most well-known fruit topping, there are other fruits that can be used to add a sweet or savory twist to your pizza. Here are some fruits that can be used as pizza toppings:
1. Pineapple: Despite being a divisive choice, pineapple is a popular fruit topping for pizza.
2. Cherries: Cherries can add a burst of sweetness to your pizza.
3. Mango: Mango can bring a tropical flavor to your pizza.
4. Figs: Figs can add a unique and slightly sweet taste to your pizza.
5. Peaches: Peaches can provide a juicy and slightly tangy flavor to your pizza.
6. Strawberries: Strawberries can add a fresh and sweet element to your pizza.
7. Apricot: Apricots can bring a subtle sweetness to your pizza.
8. Watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon: These melons can be roasted on the grill and used as unique fruit pizza toppings.
9. Pears: Pears can be a mild-flavored fruit topping that pairs well with nutty flavors.
It’s worth noting that fruit toppings can be used in both sweet and savory pizza recipes. Some people enjoy the combination of fruits with cheese, while others prefer a sweeter flavor profile. Ultimately, the choice of fruit toppings on pizza is a matter of personal preference and experimentation.
Does Fruit Belong On Pizza?
There are many fruits that can be used as pizza toppings, both sweet and savory. Some popular options include:
- Honeydew melon
These fruits can be used alone or in combination with other toppings to create a unique and delicious pizza.
Some recipes even use fruit as the main topping, such as a fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust and cream cheese frosting. When using fresh fruit as a topping, it is important to cut it into slices or bite-sized pieces and arrange it in a visually appealing way.
Canned fruit can also be used, but it should be drained well to prevent the pizza from becoming too soggy.
What Goes Well On Pizza?
Pizza is a versatile dish that can be customized with a wide variety of toppings. Here are some popular pizza toppings to consider:
- Pepperoni: This is one of the most classic pizza toppings and a fan favorite.
- Mushrooms: When done right, mushrooms can add an earthy and delicious flavor to pizza.
- Onions: Caramelized onions can add a sweet and savory flavor to pizza.
- Bell Peppers: Green peppers are a traditional topping, but other varieties like red, banana, and jalapeño can add distinct flavors.
- Sausage: Sausage is a popular meat topping that can add a savory flavor to pizza.
- Bacon: Bacon can add a salty and smoky flavor to pizza.
- Ham: Ham is a classic topping for Hawaiian-style pizza.
- Pineapple: Pineapple is another popular topping for Hawaiian-style pizza.
- Olives: Black or green olives can add a briny flavor to pizza.
- Tomatoes: Fresh or roasted tomatoes can add a burst of flavor to pizza.
- Cheese: Mozzarella is a classic cheese for pizza, but other options like cheddar, ricotta, provolone, and goat cheese can add different flavors and textures.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, oregano, thyme, and other fresh herbs can add a pop of flavor to pizza.
- Garlic: Roasted or minced garlic can add a pungent flavor to pizza.
- Arugula: Arugula can add a peppery flavor and a fresh crunch to pizza.
- Artichoke Hearts: Artichoke hearts can add a tangy and slightly sweet flavor to pizza.
- Chicken: Grilled or roasted chicken can add a savory flavor to pizza.
- Spinach: Fresh spinach can add a healthy and flavorful topping to pizza.
- Feta Cheese: Feta cheese can add a salty and tangy flavor to pizza.
- Egg: A cracked egg on top of pizza can add a creamy and rich flavor.
These are just a few ideas to get started. The possibilities for pizza toppings are endless, so feel free to get creative and experiment with your own combinations!
What Are 3 Good Toppings For Pizza?
Pizza toppings are a matter of personal preference, but here are some popular combinations of 3 toppings:
- Tomato, mozzarella cheese, basil
- Bacon, pineapple, serrano pepper
- Pesto, kale, artichoke
- Meatball, red onion, jalapeno
- Garlic, onions, mushrooms
- Black olives, bell peppers, jalapenos
- Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms
- Mushroom, onion, bacon
- Ham, pineapple, jalapeno
- Pepperoni, jalapeno, cream cheese
- Pepperoni, mushrooms, onions
- Sausage, green peppers, black olives
Ultimately, the key to a delicious pizza is a good balance of flavors and textures, whether you prefer classic or more unique toppings.
Is Pineapple Good On Pizza?
The question of whether pineapple is good on pizza is a matter of personal preference, and there are varying opinions on the matter.
Some people love the sweet and tangy combination of tropical fruit on cheese, while others feel that pineapple has a strong sweet flavor that does not complement the savory taste of other toppings on a pizza.
However, those who enjoy pineapple on pizza argue that it is a great way to pack more nutrients into a meal, as pineapples are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and bromelain, which aids in digestion.
Additionally, some people feel that the sweetness of pineapple complements the salty flavor of cheese and tomato sauce, making it an enjoyable topping. Ultimately, whether pineapple belongs on pizza is a matter of personal preference, and there is no right or wrong answer.
What Doesn’t Go With Pizza?
There are several foods that do not go well with pizza. Here are some examples:
- Brussels sprouts
- Buffalo winged chicken
- Canned tuna
- Uni and other raw seafood
It is worth noting that some of these foods may be well and good on their own, but they really just don’t work atop a pizza. Additionally, while some people may enjoy non-traditional pizza toppings, others may prefer to stick to more classic options.
Does Apple Belong On Pizza?
The question of whether apple belongs on pizza is a matter of personal preference and there is no right or wrong answer.
While some people may enjoy the combination of sweet and savory flavors, others may find it unappetizing. The debate over whether pineapple belongs on pizza is more common, with some people loving the combination of sweet pineapple and salty cheese, while others find it unpalatable.
Ultimately, the choice of toppings on pizza is up to the individual and there is no definitive answer as to whether apple or any other fruit belongs on pizza.